Each application shall contain maps and plans as follows:
(a) The maps and plans shall show the lands proposed to be affected throughout the operation and any change in a facility or feature to be caused by the proposed operations, if the facility or feature was shown under 30 CFR 779.24 through 779.25.
(b) The following shall be shown for the proposed permit area:
(1) Buildings, utility corridors and facilities to be used;
(2) The area of land to be affected within the proposed permit area, according to the sequence of mining and reclamation;
(3) Each area of land for which a performance bond or other equivalent guarantee will be posted under subchapter J of this chapter;
(4) Each coal storage, cleaning and loading area;
(5) Each topsoil, spoil, coal waste, and non-coal waste storage area;
(6) Each water diversion, collection, conveyance, treatment, storage, and discharge facility to be used;
(7) Each air pollution collection and control facility;
(8) Each source of waste and each waste disposal facility relating to coal processing or pollution control;
(9) Each facility to be used to protect and enhance fish and wildlife and related environmental values;
(10) Each explosive storage and handling facility; and
(11) Locations of each siltation structure, permanent water impoundment, refuse pile, and coal mine waste impoundment for which plans are required by § 780.25 of this part, and the location of each fill for the disposal of excess spoil for which plans are required under § 780.35 of this part.
(c) Except as provided in §§ 780.25(a)(2), 780.25(a)(3), 780.35, 816.73(c), 816.74(c), and 816.81(c) of this chapter, cross-sections, maps, and plans required under paragraphs (b)(4), (5), (6), (10), and (11) of this section must be prepared by, or under the direction of, and certified by a qualified registered professional engineer, a professional geologist, or, in any state that authorizes land surveyors to prepare and certify cross-sections, maps, and plans, a qualified, registered, professional land surveyor, with assistance from experts in related fields such as landscape architecture.
[44 FR 15357, Mar. 13, 1979; 44 FR 49685, Aug. 24, 1979, as amended at 45 FR 51550, Aug. 4, 1980; 48 FR 14822, Apr. 5, 1983; 50 FR 16199, Apr. 24, 1985; 56 FR 65635, Dec. 17, 1991; 73 FR 75875, Dec. 12, 2008]
Title 30 published on 2014-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 30.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.