30 CFR 780.23 - Reclamation plan: Land use information.
(a) The plan shall contain a statement of the condition, capability, and productivity of the land within the proposed permit area, including:
(1) A map and supporting narrative of the uses of the land existing at the time of the filing of the application. If the premining use of the land was changed within 5 years before the anticipated date of beginning the proposed operations, the historic use of the land shall also be described. In the case of previously mined land, the use of the land prior to any mining shall also be described to the extent such information is available.
(2) A narrative of land capability and productivity, which analyzes the land-use description under paragraph (a) of this section in conjunction with other environmental resources information. The narrative shall provide analyses of:
(i) The capability of the land before any mining to support a variety of uses, giving consideration to soil and foundation characteristics, topography, vegetative cover, and the hydrology of the proposed permit area; and
(ii) The productivity of the proposed permit area before mining, expressed as average yield of food, fiber, forage, or wood products from such lands obtained under high levels of management. The productivity shall be determined by yield data or estimates for similar sites based on current data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, State agricultural universities, or appropriate State natural resource or agricultural agencies.
(b) Each plan shall contain a detailed description of the proposed use, following reclamation, of the land within the proposed permit area, including a discussion of the utility and capacity of the reclaimed land to support a variety of alternative uses, and the relationship of the proposed use of existing land use policies and plans. This description shall explain:
(c) The description shall be accompanied by a copy of the comments concerning the proposed use by the legal or equitable owner of record of the surface of the proposed permit area and the State and local government agencies which would have to initiate, implement, approve, or authorize the proposed use of the land following reclamation.
Title 30 published on 06-Jun-2018 04:01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 780 after this date.
- 30 CFR 780.21 — What Requirements Apply to Preparation, Use, and Review of the Cumulative Hydrologic Impact Assessment (CHIA)?
- 30 CFR 816.35 — How Must I Monitor Groundwater?
- 30 CFR 816.37 — How Must I Monitor the Biological Condition of Streams?
- 30 CFR 780.19 — What Baseline Information on Hydrology, Geology, and Aquatic Biology Must I Provide?
- 30 CFR 816.36 — How Must I Monitor Surface Water?