30 CFR 783.25 - Cross sections, maps, and plans.
(a) The application shall include cross sections, maps, and plans showing -
(1) Elevations and locations of test borings and core samplings;
(2) Elevations and locations of monitoring stations used to gather data on water quality and quantity, fish and wildlife, and air quality, if required, in preparation of the application.
(3) Nature, depth, and thickness of the coal seams to be mined, any coal or rider seams above the seam to be mined, each stratum of the overburden, and the stratum immediately below the lowest coal seam to be mined;
(6) Location and extent of sub-surface water, if encountered, within the proposed permit or adjacent areas, including, but not limited to areal and vertical distribution of aquifers, and portrayal of seasonal differences of head in different aquifers on cross-sections and contour maps;
(8) Location and extent of existing or previously surface-mined areas within the proposed permit area;
(9) Location and dimensions of existing areas of spoil, waste, coal development waste, and non-coal waste disposal, dams, embankments, other impoundments, and water treatment and air pollution control facilities within the proposed permit area;
(b) Cross-sections, maps and plans included in a permit application as required by this section shall be prepared by, or under the direction of, and certified by a qualified, registered, professional engineer, a professional geologist, or in any State which authorizes land surveyors to prepare and certify such cross sections, maps and plans, a qualified, registered, professional, land surveyor, with assistance from experts in related fields such as landscape architecture, and shall be updated as required by the regulatory authority.
Title 30 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 783 after this date.