30 CFR 784.13 - Reclamation plan: General requirements.
(a) Each application shall contain a plan for the reclamation of the lands within the proposed permit area, showing how the applicant will comply with sections 515 and 516 of the Act, subchapter K of this chapter, and the environmental protection performance standards of the regulatory program. The plan shall include, at a minimum, all information required under 30 CFR 784.13 through 784.26.
(b) Each plan shall contain the following information for the proposed permit area;
(1) A detailed timetable for the completion of each major step in the reclamation plan;
(2) A detailed estimate of the cost of the reclamation of the proposed operations required to be covered by a performance bond under subchapter J of this chapter, with supporting calculations for the estimates;
(3) A plan for backfilling, soil stabilization, compacting and grading, with contour maps or cross sections that show the anticipated final surface configuration of the proposed permit area, in accordance with 30 CFR 817.102 through 817.107;
(4) A plan for removal, storage, and redistribution of topsoil, subsoil, and other material to meet the requirements of § 817.22 of this chapter. A demonstration of the suitability of topsoil substitutes or supplements under § 817.22(b) of this chapter shall be based upon analysis of the thickness of soil horizons, total depth, texture, percent coarse fragments, pH, and areal extent of the different kinds of soils. The regulatory authority may require other chemical and physical analyses, field-site trials, or greenhouse tests if determined to be necessary or desirable to demonstrate the suitability of the topsoil substitutes or supplements.
(5) A plan for revegetation as required in 30 CFR 817.111 through 817.116, including, but not limited to, descriptions of the -
(i) Schedule of revegetation;
(ii) Species and amounts per acre of seeds and seedlings to be used;
(iii) Methods to be used in planting and seeding;
(iv) Mulching techniques;
(v) Irrigation, if appropriate, and pest and disease control measures, if any;
(vi) Measures proposed to be used to determine the success of revegetation as required in 30 CFR 817.116; and,
(7) A description of measures to be employed to ensure that all debris, acid-forming and toxic-forming materials, and materials constituting a fire hazard are disposed of in accordance with 30 CFR 817.89 and 817.102 and a description of the contingency plans which have been developed to preclude sustained combustion of such materials;
(8) A description, including appropriate cross sections and maps, of the measures to be used to seal or manage mine openings, and to plug, case or manage exploration holes, other bore holes, wells and other openings within the proposed permit area, in accordance with 30 CFR 817.13- 817.15; and
(9) A description of steps to be taken to comply with the requirements of the Clean Air Act ( 42 U.S.C. 7401et seq.), the Clean Water Act ( 33 U.S.C. 1251et seq.), and other applicable air and water quality laws and regulations and health and safety standards.
Title 30 published on 06-Jun-2018 04:01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 784 after this date.