30 CFR 784.23 - Operation plan: Maps and plans.
Each application shall contain maps and plans as follows:
(a) The maps, plans and cross-sections shall show the underground mining activities to be conducted, the lands to be affected throughout the operation, and any change in a facility or feature to be caused by the proposed operations, if the facility or feature was shown under 30 CFR 783.24 and 783.25.
(b) The following shall be shown for the proposed permit area:
(1) Buildings, utility corridors, and facilities to be used;
(4) Each coal storage, cleaning and loading area;
(6) Each water diversion, collection, conveyance, treatment, storage and discharge facility to be used;
(8) Each facility to be used to protect and enhance fish and wildlife related environmental values;
(9) Each explosive storage and handling facility;
(10) Location of each sedimentation pond, permanent water impoundment, coal processing waste bank, and coal processing waste dam and embankment, in accordance with 30 CFR 784.16 and disposal areas for underground development waste and excess spoil, in accordance with 30 CFR 784.19;
(11) Each profile, at cross-sections specified by the regulatory authority, of the anticipated final surface configuration to be achieved for the affected areas;
(12) Location of each water and subsidence monitoring point;
(c) Except as provided in §§ 784.16(a)(2), 784.16(a)(3), 784.19, 817.71(b), 817.73(c), 817.74(c) and 817.81(c) of this chapter, cross sections, maps and plans required under paragraphs (b)(4), (5), (6), (10) and (11) of this section shall be prepared by, or under the direction of, and certified by a qualified, registered, professional engineer, a professional geologist, or in any State which authorizes land surveyors to prepare and certify such cross sections, maps and plans, a qualified, registered, professional, land surveyor, with assistance from experts in related fields such as landscape architecture.
Title 30 published on 20-Dec-2017 04:15
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 784 after this date.
- 30 CFR 784.21 — What Requirements Apply to Preparation, Use, and Review of the Cumulative Hydrologic Impact Assessment (CHIA)?
- 30 CFR 784.19 — What Baseline Information on Hydrology, Geology, and Aquatic Biology Must I Provide?
- 30 CFR 784.26 — What Information Must I Provide if I Plan to Return Coal Processing Waste to Abandoned Underground Mine Workings?
- 30 CFR 784.40 — May I Submit Permit Application Information in Increments as Mining Progresses?
- 30 CFR 817.36 — How Must I Monitor Surface Water?
- 30 CFR 817.35 — How Must I Monitor Groundwater?
- 30 CFR 817.37 — How Must I Monitor the Biological Condition of Streams?