30 CFR 816.64 - Use of explosives: Blasting schedule.
(1) You must conduct blasting operations at times approved by the regulatory authority and announced in the blasting schedule. The regulatory authority may limit the area covered, the timing, and the sequence of blasting if those limitations are necessary and reasonable to protect public health and safety or welfare.
(2) You must conduct all blasting between sunrise and sunset, unless the regulatory authority approves night-time blasting based upon a showing that the public will be protected from adverse noise and other impacts. The regulatory authority may specify more restrictive time periods for blasting.
(ii) When you conduct an unscheduled blast, you must use audible signals to notify residents within 1/2 mile of the blasting site.
(iii) You must document the reason for the unscheduled blast in accordance with § 816.68(c)(16) of this part.
(b)Blasting schedule publication and distribution.
(1) You must publish the blasting schedule in a newspaper of general circulation in the locality of the blasting site at least 10 days, but not more than 30 days, before beginning a blasting program.
(2) You must distribute copies of the schedule to local governments and public utilities and to each local residence within 1/2 mile of the proposed blasting site described in the schedule.
(3) You must republish and redistribute the schedule at least every 12 months and revise and republish the schedule at least 10 days, but not more than 30 days, before blasting whenever the area covered by the schedule changes or actual times for blasting significantly differ from the prior announcement.
(c) Blasting schedule contents. The blasting schedule must contain, at a minimum, the -
(1) Name, address, and telephone number of the operator;
(2) Identification of the specific areas in which blasting will take place;
(3) Dates and times when explosives are to be detonated;
(4) Methods to be used to control access to the blasting area; and
(5) Type and patterns of audible blast warning and all-clear signals to be used before and after blasting.
Title 30 published on 2015-10-21
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 816 after this date.