30 CFR 884.13 - Content of proposed State reclamation plan.
(a) Requirements applicable to all eligible States and Indian tribes. You must submit the proposed reclamation plan to the Director in writing. The plan must include the information in paragraphs (a)(1) through (6) of this section.
(1) A designation by the Governor of the State or the governing authority of the Indian tribe of the agency authorized to administer the State or Tribal reclamation program and to receive and administer grants under part 885 or part 886 of this chapter.
(2) A legal opinion from the State Attorney General or the chief legal officer of the State agency that the designated agency has the authority under State law to conduct the program in accordance with the requirements of Title IV of the Act.
(3) A description of the policies and procedures to be followed by the designated agency in conducting the reclamation program, including -
(i) The purposes of the State reclamation program;
(iii) The coordination of reclamation work among the State reclamation program, the Rural Abandoned Mine Program administered by the Soil Conservation Service, the reclamation programs of any Indian tribes located within the States, and OSM's reclamation programs; and
(iv) Policies and procedures regarding land acquisition, management and disposal under 30 CFR part 879;
(vi) Policies and procedures regarding rights of entry under 30 CFR part 877; and
(4) A description of the administrative and management structure to be used in conducting the reclamation program, including -
(i) The organization of the designated agency and its relationship to other State organizations or officials that will participate in or augment the agency's reclamation capacity;
(ii) The personnel staffing policies which will govern the assignment of personnel to the State reclamation program;
(iii) The purchasing and procurement systems to be used by the agency. Such systems shall meet the requirements of Office of Management and Budget Circular A-102, Attachment 0; and
(5) A general description, derived from available data, of the reclamation activities to be conducted under the State reclamation plan, including the known or suspected eligible lands and waters within the State which require reclamation, including -
(i) A map showing the general location or known or suspected eligible lands and waters;
(ii) A description of the problems occurring on these lands and waters; and
(iii) How the plan proposes to address each of the problems occurring on these lands and waters.
(6) A general description, derived from available data, of the conditions prevailing in the different geographic areas of the State where reclamation is planned, including -
(i) The economic base;
(ii) Significant esthetic, historic or cultural, and recreational values; and
(iii) Endangered and threatened plant, fish, and wildlife and their habitat.
(b) Additional requirement applicable to certified States and Indian tribes. If you are a certified State or Indian tribe, the plan must include a commitment to address eligible coal problems found or occurring after certification as required in §§ 875.13(a)(3) and 875.14(b) of this chapter.