31 CFR 128.1 - General reporting requirements.
(a) International capital transactions and positions.
(1) In order to implement the International Investment and Trade in Services Survey Act, as amended (22 U.S.C. 3101 et seq.); and E.O. 11961, and to obtain information requested by the International Monetary Fund under the articles of agreement of the Fund pursuant to section 8(a) of the Bretton Woods Agreements Act (22 U.S.C. 286f) and E.O. 10033, persons subject to the jurisdiction of the United States are required to report information pertaining to -
(i) United States claims on, and liabilities to, foreigners;
(ii) Transactions in securities and other financial assets with foreigners; and
(iii) The monetary reserves of the United States.
(2) Data pertaining to direct investment transactions are not required to be reported under this Part.
(3) Reports shall be made in such manner and at such intervals as specified by the Secretary of the Treasury. See subpart B of this part for additional requirements concerning these reports.
(b) Foreign currency positions.
(1) In order to provide data on the nature and source of flows of mobile capital, including transactions by large United States business enterprises (as determined by the Secretary) and their foreign affiliates as required by 31 U.S.C. 5315, persons subject to the jurisdiction of the United States are required to report information pertaining to -
(i) Transactions in foreign exchange;
(ii) Transfers of credit that are, in whole or part, denominated in a foreign currency; and
(iii) The creation or acquisition of claims that reference transactions, holdings, or evaluations of foreign exchange.
(2) Reports shall be made in such manner and at such intervals as specified by the Secretary. See subpart C of this part for additional requirements concerning these reports.
(c) Notice of reports. Notice of reports required by this part, specification of persons required to file report, and forms to be used to file reports will be published in the Federal Register. Persons currently required to file reports shall continue to file such reports using existing Treasury International Capital Forms BL-1/BL-1(SA), BL-2/BL-2(SA), BL-3, BC/BC(SA), BQ-1, BQ-2, CM, CQ-1, CQ-2, S, and existing Treasury Foreign Currency Forms FC-1, FC-2, FC-3, and FC-4 until further notice is published in the Federal Register.