31 CFR 31.218 - Enforcement.
(a) Compliance with these rules concerning conflicts of interest is of the utmost importance. In the event a retained entity or any individual or entity providing information pursuant to 31 U.S.C. part 31 violates any of these rules, Treasury may impose or pursue one or more of the following sanctions:
(1) Rejection of work tainted by an organizational conflict of interest or a personal conflict of interest and denial of payment for that work.
(2) Termination of the arrangement for default.
(3) Debarment of the retained entity for Federal government contracting and/or disqualification of the retained entity from future financial agency agreements.
(4) Imposition of any other remedy available under the terms of the arrangement or at law.
(5) In the event of violation of a criminal statute, referral to the Department of Justice for prosecution of the retained entity and/or its officers or employees. In such cases, the Department of Justice may make direct and derivative use of any statements and information provided by any entity, its representatives and employees or any individual, to the extent permitted by law.
(b) To the extent Treasury has discretion in selecting or imposing a remedy, it will give significant consideration to a retained entity's prompt disclosure of any violation of these rules.