31 CFR 50.75 - Remitting the surcharge.
(a) Each insurer shall provide a statement of direct written premium and Federal Terrorism Policy Surcharge to Treasury on a monthly basis, starting with the first month within the assessment period, through November of the calendar year and on an annual basis as of the last month of the calendar year. Reporting will be on a form prescribed by Treasury and will be due according to the following schedule:
(1) For each month beginning in the first month of the assessment period through November, the last business day of the calendar month following the month for which premium is reported, and
(2) March 1 for the calendar year.
(b) The monthly statements provided to Treasury will include the following:
(1) Cumulative calendar year direct written premium adjusted for premium not subject to the Federal Terrorism Policy Surcharge, summarized by policy year.
(3) Insurer certification of the submission.
(c) The annual statements to be provided to Treasury will include the following:
(1) Direct written premium as defined in § 50.5(g), adjusted for premium not subject to the Federal Terrorism Policy Surcharge, summarized by policy year and by commercial line of insurance as specified in § 50.5(u).
(3) In the case of an insurer that has chosen not to collect the Federal Terrorism Policy Surcharge from its policyholders as provided in § 50.74(f), a certification that the expense of collecting the Surcharge during the assessment period would have exceeded the amount of the Surcharges collected over the assessment period.
(4) Insurer certification of the submission.
(d) The calculated aggregate Federal Terrorism Policy Surcharge amount, as described in paragraphs (b)(2) and (c)(2) of this section, shall be remitted to Treasury upon submission of each monthly and annual statement. Through its submitted statements, an insurer obtains credit for a refund of any Federal Terrorism Policy Surcharge previously remitted to Treasury that was subsequently returned by the insurer to a policyholder as attributable to refunded premium under § 50.74(e). A negative calculated amount in a monthly or annual statement indicates payment from Treasury is due to the insurer.
(e) Reporting shall continue for the one-year period following the end of the assessment period established by Treasury, unless otherwise permitted by Treasury.