31 CFR 535.213 - Direction involving property held by offices of banks in the United States in which Iran or an Iranian entity has an interest.
(1) In possession of funds or securities legally or beneficially owned by the Government of Iran or its agencies, instrumentalities or controlled entities, or
(2) Carrying on its books deposits standing to the credit of or beneficially owned by such government or its agencies, instrumentalities or controlled entities, is licensed, authorized, directed and compelled to transfer such funds, securities and deposits, held on January 19, 1981, including interest from November 14, 1979, at commercially reasonable rates, to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, as fiscal agent of the U.S., to be held or transferred as directed by the Secretary of the Treasury.
(b) Transfer of funds, securities or deposits under paragraph (a) of this section shall be in accordance with the provisions of § 535.221 of this part, and such funds, securities or deposits, plus interest at commercially reasonable rates from November 14, 1979, to the transfer date, shall be received by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York by 11 a.m., E.D.T., July 10, 1981. For periods for which rates are to be determined in the future, whether by agreement between Iran and the bank or otherwise (see § 535.440), interest for such periods shall be transferred to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York promptly upon such determination. Such interest shall include interest at commercially reasonable rates from July 19, 1981, on the interest which would have accrued by July 19, 1981.
(c) Any funds, securities or deposits subject to a valid attachment, injunction or other like proceeding or process not affected by § 535.218 need not be transferred as otherwise required by this section.
- 31 CFR 535.440 — Commercially Reasonable Interest Rates.
- 31 CFR 535.504 — Certain Judicial Proceedings With Respect to Property of Iran or Iranian Entities.
- 31 CFR 535.438 — Standby Letters of Credit, Performance or Payment Bonds and Similar Obligations.
- 31 CFR 535.221 — Compliance With Directive Provisions.