31 CFR 536.201 - Prohibited transactions involving blocked property.
(a) Except as authorized by regulations, orders, directives, rulings, instructions, licenses, or otherwise, and notwithstanding any contract entered into or any license or permit granted prior to the effective date, no property or interests in property of a specially designated narcotics trafficker that are in the United States, that hereafter come within the United States, or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of U.S. persons, including their overseas branches, may be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn or otherwise dealt in.
(b) When a transaction results in the blocking of funds at a financial institution pursuant to this section and a party to the transaction believes the funds have been blocked due to mistaken identity, that party may seek to have such funds unblocked pursuant to the administrative procedures set forth in § 501.806 of this chapter.
Title 31 published on 08-Apr-2017 03:32
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 31 CFR Part 536 after this date.
- 31 CFR 536.407 — Offshore Transactions.
- 31 CFR 536.404 — Setoffs Prohibited.
- 31 CFR 536.205 — Exempt Transactions.
- 31 CFR 536.203 — Holding of Certain Types of Blocked Property in Interest-Bearing Accounts.
- 31 CFR 536.301 — Blocked Account; Blocked Property.
- 31 CFR 536.409 — Credit Extended and Cards Issued by U.S. Financial Institutions.
- 31 CFR 536.406 — Provision of Services.