31 CFR 536.504 - Investment and reinvestment of certain funds.
(a) U.S. financial institutions are hereby authorized and directed to invest and reinvest assets held in blocked accounts in the name of a specially designated narcotics trafficker, subject to the following conditions:
(1) The assets representing such investments and reinvestments are credited to a blocked account or sub-account which is in the name of the specially designated narcotics trafficker and which is located in the United States or within the possession or control of a U.S. person; and
(2) The proceeds of such investments and reinvestments are not credited to a blocked account or sub-account under any name or designation which differs from the name or designation of the specific blocked account or sub-account in which such funds or securities were held; and
(3) No immediate financial or economic benefit or access accrues (e.g., through pledging or other use) to the specially designated narcotics trafficker.
(1) U.S. persons seeking to avail themselves of this authorization must register with the Office of Foreign Assets Control, Blocked Assets Division, before undertaking transactions authorized under this section.
(2) Transactions conducted pursuant to this section must be reported to the Office of Foreign Assets Control, Blocked Assets Division, in a report filed no later than 10 business days following the last business day of the month in which the transactions occurred.
Title 31 published on 06-Feb-2018 03:53
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 31 CFR Part 536 after this date.