31 CFR 537.203 - Prohibited importation of Burmese jadeite and rubies into the United States.
(a) Except as provided in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section or as otherwise authorized, the importation into the United States of any jadeite or rubies mined or extracted from Burma and any articles of jewelry containing jadeite or rubies mined or extracted from Burma is prohibited.
(b) The prohibition in paragraph (a) of this section does not apply to any jadeite or rubies mined or extracted from Burma or any articles of jewelry containing jadeite or rubies mined or extracted from Burma that were previously exported from the United States, including those that accompanied an individual outside the United States for personal use, if they are reimported to the United States by the same person, without having been advanced in value or improved in condition by any process or other means while outside the United States.
(c) Nothing in paragraph (a) of this section shall prohibit transactions to the extent such prohibition would conflict with the international obligations of the United States under the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations, the United Nations Headquarters Agreement, or other legal instruments providing equivalent privileges and immunities.
Title 31 published on 08-Apr-2017 03:32
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 31 CFR Part 537 after this date.
- 31 CFR 537.303 — Effective Date.
- 31 CFR 537.417 — Importation Into a Bonded Warehouse or Foreign Trade Zone.
- 31 CFR 537.526 — Transactions Necessary and Ordinarily Incident to Publishing Authorized.
- 31 CFR 537.203 — Prohibited Importation of Burmese Jadeite and Rubies Into the United States.
- 31 CFR 537.531 — Certain Transactions Involving Asia Green Development Bank, Ayeyarwady Bank, Innwa Bank, and Myawaddy Bank Authorized.
- 31 CFR 537.210 — Exempt Transactions.