31 CFR 537.311 - New investment.
(a) The term new investment means any of the following activities if such activity is undertaken pursuant to an agreement, or pursuant to the exercise of rights under such an agreement, that is entered into with the Government of Burma or a nongovernmental entity in Burma on or after May 21, 1997:
(1) The entry into a contract that includes the economic development of resources located in Burma, as defined in § 537.302;
(2) The entry into a contract providing for the general supervision and guarantee of another person's performance of a contract that includes the economic development of resources located in Burma;
(3) The purchase of a share of ownership, including an equity interest, in the economic development of resources located in Burma; or
(4) The entry into a contract providing for the participation in royalties, earnings, or profits in the economic development of resources located in Burma, without regard to the form of the participation.
(b) The term new investment shall not include the entry into, performance of, or financing of a contract to sell or purchase goods, services, or technology unless such contract includes any of the activities described in paragraphs (a)(2) through (4) of this section.
Title 31 published on 08-Apr-2017 03:32
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 31 CFR Part 537 after this date.
- 31 CFR 537.410 — Contracts and Subcontracts Regarding Economic Development of Resources in Burma.
- 31 CFR 537.205 — Prohibited Facilitation.
- 31 CFR 537.531 — Certain Transactions Involving Asia Green Development Bank, Ayeyarwady Bank, Innwa Bank, and Myawaddy Bank Authorized.
- 31 CFR 537.204 — Prohibited New Investment in Burma.
- 31 CFR 537.530 — New Investment in Burma by U.S. Persons Authorized.