31 CFR 537.523 - Authorization of nongovernmental organizations to engage in humanitarian or religious activities.
(a) Specific licenses may be issued on a case-by-case basis authorizing nongovernmental organizations to engage in transactions otherwise prohibited by §§ 537.201 and 537.202 that are necessary for their humanitarian or religious activities in Burma. Applications for specific licenses must include:
(1) The organization's name in English, in the language of origin, and any acronym or other names used to identify the organization;
(3) Identification of field offices and partner offices, including addresses and organizational names used;
(4) Identification of key staff, such as directors and senior officers, at the organization's headquarters and partner offices, including the nationality, citizenship, current country of residence, place and date of birth, and current position of each person identified;
(5) Identification of subcontracting organizations, if any, to the extent known or contemplated at the time of the application;
(7) Financial institutions that hold deposits on behalf of or extend lines of credit to the organization (names of individuals and organizations shall be provided in English, in the language of origin, and shall include any acronym or other names used to identify the individuals or organizations);
(8) Independent accounting firms, if employed in the production of the organization's financial statements (names of individuals and organizations shall be provided in English, in the language of origin, and shall include any acronym or other names used to identify the individuals or organizations);
(9) A detailed description of the organization's humanitarian, environmental or religious activities and projects in countries or geographic areas subject to economic sanctions pursuant to this chapter V, including, if applicable, a summary of all information provided in grant proposals or funding requests made in connection with the proposed activities;
(10) Most recent official registry documents, annual reports, and annual filings with the pertinent government, as applicable; and
(11) Names and addresses of organizations to which the applicant currently provides or proposes to provide funding, services or material support, to the extent known at the time of the application, as applicable.
Note to § 537.523:
Authorization pursuant to this section does not excuse a U.S. person from compliance with other applicable U.S. laws governing the exportation or reexportation of U.S.-origin goods, software, or technology (including technical data). See, e.g., the Export Administration Regulations administered by the U.S. Department of Commerce (15 CFR parts 730-774).
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
This section’s status may have changed. It may have been renumbered, reserved, or removed.