31 CFR 538.201 - Prohibited transactions involving blocked property.
(a) Except as authorized by regulations, orders, directives, rulings, instructions, licenses, or otherwise, no property or interests in property of the Government of Sudan, that are in the United States, that hereafter come within the United States, or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of U.S. persons, including their overseas branches, may be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn or otherwise dealt in.
(b) Unless otherwise authorized by this part or by a specific license expressly referring to this section, the transfer (including the transfer on the books of any issuer or agent thereof), disposition, transportation, importation, exportation, or withdrawal of, or the endorsement or guaranty of signatures on, or otherwise dealing in any security (or evidence thereof) registered or inscribed in the name of the Government of Sudan, and held within the possession or control of a U.S. person is prohibited, irrespective of the fact that at any time (either prior to, on, or subsequent to the effective date) the registered or inscribed owner thereof may have, or appears to have, assigned, transferred, or otherwise disposed of any such security.
(c) When a transaction results in the blocking of funds at a financial institution pursuant to this section and a party to the transaction believes the funds have been blocked due to mistaken identity, that party may seek to have such funds unblocked pursuant to the administrative procedures set forth in § 501.806 of this chapter.
- 31 CFR 538.203 — Holding of Funds in Interest-Bearing Accounts; Investment and Reinvestment.
- 31 CFR 538.406 — Exportation of Services; Performance of Service Contracts; Legal Services.
- 31 CFR 538.301 — Blocked Account; Blocked Property.
- 31 CFR 538.409 — Transshipments Through the United States Prohibited.
- 31 CFR 538.404 — Setoffs Prohibited.
- 31 CFR 538.408 — Offshore Transactions.
- 31 CFR 538.212 — Exempt Transactions.
- 31 CFR 538.528 — Noncommercial, Personal Remittances.
- 31 CFR 538.202 — Effect of Transfers Violating the Provisions of This Part.
- 31 CFR 538.540 — All Transactions Authorized; Government of Sudan Property Unblocked.