§ 538.406Exportation of services; performance of service contracts; legal services.
(a) The prohibition on the exportation of services contained in § 538.205 applies to services performed on behalf of the Government of Sudan, or where the benefit of such services is otherwise received in Sudan, when such services are performed:
(1) In the United States;
(2) By a U.S. person, wherever located;
(3) By an entity located in the United States, including its overseas branches; or
(4) Outside the United States by an individual U.S. person ordinarily resident in the United States.
(b) The benefit of services performed anywhere in the world on behalf of the Government of Sudan, including services performed for a controlled entity or agent of the Government of Sudan, is presumed to be received in Sudan.
(c) The prohibitions contained in §§ 538.201 and 538.207 apply to services performed by U.S. persons, wherever located:
(1) On behalf of the Government of Sudan;
(2) With respect to property interests of the Government of Sudan; or
(3) In support of an industrial, commercial, public utility or governmental project in Sudan.
(d)Example: U.S. persons may not, without specific authorization from the Office of Foreign Assets Control, represent an individual or entity with respect to contract negotiations, contract performance, commercial arbitration, or other business dealings with the Government of Sudan. See § 538.505on licensing policy with regard to the provision of certain legal services.
Title 31 published on 2014-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 31.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.