31 CFR 560.505 - Importation of certain Iranian-origin services authorized; activities related to certain visa categories authorized.
(1) Persons otherwise eligible for non-immigrant classification under categories A-3 and G-5 (attendants, servants and personal employees of aliens in the United States on diplomatic status), D (crewmen), F (students), I (information media representatives), J (exchange visitors), M (non-academic students), O (aliens with extraordinary ability), P (athletics, artists and entertainers), Q (international cultural exchange visitors), R (religious workers), or S (witnesses) are authorized to carry out in the United States those activities for which such a visa has been granted by the U.S. State Department or such nonimmigrant status or related benefit has been granted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
(2) U.S. persons are authorized to export services to Iran in connection with the filing of an individual's application for the non-immigrant visa categories listed in paragraph (a)(1) of this section.
(1) Persons otherwise eligible for nonimmigrant classification under categories E-2 (treaty investor), H (temporary worker), or L (intra-company transferee) and all immigrant classifications are authorized to carry out in the United States those activities for which such a visa has been granted by the U.S. State Department or such nonimmigrant or immigrant status, or related benefit, has been granted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, provided that the persons are not coming to the United States to work as an agent, employee, or contractor of the Government of Iran or a business entity or other organization in Iran.
(1) U.S. persons are authorized to engage in all transactions necessary to export financial services to Iran in connection with an individual's application for a non-immigrant visa under category E-2 (treaty investor) or an immigrant visa under category EB-5 (immigrant investor), provided that any transfer of funds pursuant to the authorization set forth in this paragraph is effected in accordance with § 560.516.
(2) In the event services are exported under paragraph (c)(1) of this section in connection with an application for an E-2 or EB-5 visa that is denied, withdrawn, or otherwise does not result in the issuance of such visa, U.S. persons are authorized to transfer, in a lump sum back to Iran or to a third country, any funds belonging to the applicant that are held in an escrow account during the pendency of, and in connection with, such visa application, provided that any transfer of funds pursuant to the authorization set forth in this paragraph is effected in accordance with § 560.516.
(3) Paragraph (c)(1) of this section does not authorize:
(i) The exportation of financial services by U.S. persons other than in connection with funds used in pursuit of an E-2 or EB-5 visa;
(iii) The exportation or reexportation to Iran of any goods (including software) or technology; or
(d) Paragraph (a)(1) of this section authorizes the release of technology or software to students ordinarily resident in Iran who are attending school in the United States as authorized by that paragraph, provided that all of the following requirements are met:
(1) Such release is ordinarily incident and necessary to the educational program in which the student is enrolled;
(2) The technology or software being released is designated as EAR99 under the Export Administration Regulations, 15 CFR parts 730 through 774 (the “EAR”), or constitutes Educational Information not subject to the EAR, as set forth in 15 CFR 734.9;
(4) The student to whom the release is made is not enrolled in school or participating in the educational program as an agent, employee, or contractor of the Government of Iran or a business entity or other organization in Iran.
See § 560.554 of this part for general licenses authorizing the importation and exportation of services related to conferences in the United States or third countries.
Title 31 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 31 CFR Part 560 after this date.