31 CFR Appendix A to Subpart A of Part 1, Departmental Offices
1. In general. This appendix applies to the Departmental Offices as defined in 31 CFR 1.1(a)(1).
2. Public reading room. The public reading room for the Departmental Offices is the Treasury Library. The Library is located in the Main Treasury Building, 1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20220. For building security purposes, visitors are required to make an appointment by calling 202-622-0990.
3. Requests for records. Initial determinations under 31 CFR 1.5(h) as to whether to grant requests for records of the Departmental Offices will be made by the head of the organizational unit having immediate custody of the records requested or the delegate of such official. Requests for records should be addressed to: Freedom of Information Request, DO, Director, Disclosure Services, Department of the Treasury, 1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20220.
4. Administrative appeal of initial determination to deny records.
(i) Appellate determinations under 31 CFR 1.5(i) with respect to records of the Departmental Offices will be made by the Secretary, Deputy Secretary, Under Secretary, General Counsel, Inspector General, Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, Special Inspector General for Troubled Assets Relief Program, Treasurer of the United States, or Assistant Secretary having jurisdiction over the organizational unit which has immediate custody of the records requested, or the delegate of such officer.
(ii) Appellate determinations with respect to requests for expedited processing shall be made by the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Privacy and Treasury Records.
(iii) Appeals should be addressed to:
5. Delivery of process. Service of process will be received by the General Counsel of the Department of the Treasury or the delegate of such officer and shall be delivered to the following location: General Counsel, Department of the Treasury, Room 3000, Main Treasury Building, 1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20220.