32 CFR 155.4 - Policy.
It is DoD policy that:
(a) All proceedings provided for by this part shall be conducted in a fair and impartial manner.
(1) Notice of specific reasons for the proposed action.
(2) An opportunity to respond to the reasons.
(3) Notice of the right to a hearing and the opportunity to cross-examine persons providing information adverse to the applicant.
(4) Opportunity to present evidence on his or her own behalf, or to be represented by counsel or personal representative.
(5) Written notice of final clearance decisions.
(6) Notice of appeal procedures.
(d) Actions pursuant to this part shall cease upon termination of the applicant's need for access to classified information except in those cases in which:
(1) A hearing has commenced;
(2) A clearance decision has been issued; or