32 CFR 165.5 - Responsibilities.
(a) Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller)/Chief Financial Officer (USD(C)/CFO)) shall provide necessary financial management guidance to the Department of Defense regarding the recoupment of NC.
(b) The Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics shall take appropriate action to ensure the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement remains in accordance with this part.
(c) The USD(P) shall:
(1) Monitor the application of this part.
(2) Review and approve NC recoupment charges.
(3) Review and approve NC recoupment charge waiver requests received from foreign countries and international organizations for foreign military sales.
(4) Oversee publication of a listing of items developed for or by the Department of Defense to which NC recoupment charges are applicable.
(5) Use the guidance in § 165.7 of this part to review NC waiver requests.
(d) The Secretaries of the Military Departments and the Directors of the Defense Agencies shall:
(1) Determine the DoD nonrecurring investment in items developed for or by the Department of Defense and perform required pro rata calculations in accordance with this part and financial management guidance from USD(C)/CFO when a military equipment asset type is considered a candidate for sale.
(2) Validate and provide recommended charges to the USD(P). Retain supporting documentation until the item has been eliminated from the NC recoupment charge listing.
(3) Review approved NC recoupment charges on a biennial basis to determine if there has been a change in factors or assumptions used to compute a NC recoupment charge and, if there is a significant change in a NC recoupment charge, recommend the change to USD(P) for review, approval, and publication in DSCA 5105.38-M, “Security Assistance Management Manual (SAMM).” 3
3 Available at http://www.dsca.osd.mil/samm/.
(4) Collect charges on foreign military sales, in accordance with DoD 7000.14-R. 4
4 Available at http://www.defenselink.mil/comptroller/fmr/.
(5) Deposit collections to accounts as prescribed by the USD(C)/CFO.
(6) Request guidance from the USD(P), within 90 days after determining that an issue concerning an NC recoupment charge cannot be resolved.