32 CFR 1656.4 - Alternative Service Office: jurisdiction and authority.
(a) Jurisdiction over the ASW will be transferred from the area office immediately after his classification in Class 1-W to the ASO that administers the Alternative Service Program in the area in which he is assigned to perform alternative service.
(b) The ASO shall:
(1) Evaluate and approve jobs and employers for Alternative Service;
(2) Order the ASW to report for alternative service work;
(3) Issue such orders as are required to schedule the ASW for job interviews;
(4) Issue such orders as are required to schedule the ASW for job placement;
(5) Monitor the ASW's job performance;
(6) Issue a certificate of satisfactory completion of the ASW's Alternative Service obligation;
(7) Return the ASW to the jurisdiction of the area office from which he was directed to perform Alternative Service; and
(8) Perform such other actions the Director may authorize as necessary to administer the Alternative Service Program.