32 CFR 242.7 - Responsibilities.
(1) Develop and prescribe formal application procedures for admission to the School, consistent with the provisions of this part.
(2) Select candidates for admission to the School of Medicine in accordance with the policies and procedures prescribed in this part.
(3) Coordinate, as required, with the Military Department Secretaries or their designees to ensure the proper administration of the admissions process.
(4) Monitor, review, and evaluate the admissions process to assure its effectiveness and efficiency operationally, and make recommendations as required for the revision of the policies and procedures herein set forth.
(1) Approve/disapprove requests of military personnel who want to apply to the School of Medicine, as prescribed herein.
(2) Carry out confirmatory requirements and ensure that the suspense for accomplishing these actions is met.
(3) Designate a representative in their respective areas to be responsible for overseeing and coordinating confirmatory action requirements. (Names of designees and any changes in designations shall be furnished to the President of USUHS.)
(c) Assistant Secretary of Defense Health Affairs shall determine, in coordination with the Secretaries of the Military Departments and the President, USUHS, the number of spaces in each entering class to be allocated to the respective components.
(1) Establish necessary policies and procedures, in coordination with the Military Departments, for scheduling and reviewing physical examinations for civilian selectees, and reviewing examinations for military selectees.
(2) Review and take final action on any requests for waiver of physical standards for admission to the School.
[54 FR 31335, July 28, 1989]
Title 32 published on 2014-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 32 CFR Part 242.