32 CFR 293.5 - Responsibilities.
(a)Director of NIMA (D/NIMA).
(2) Appoints substitutes for the current IDA or AA if necessary.
(b)The Chief of Staff (CS) (or acting CS as designated by CS) serves as AA.
(c)The Director of the Congressional Affairs Office (D/CA) (or acting D/CA as designated by D/CA) serves as IDA.
(d)Office of General Counsel (GC).
(1) Administers NIMA's FOIA program for processing FOIA requests received by NIMA.
(2) Processes all requests for mandatory declassification review in response to requests for declassification that meet the requirements of Executive Order 12958.
(3) Submits this part to the Department of Defense to publish in the Code of Federal Regulations and the Federal Register.
(e) Office Directors in the functional Directorates and the Office Directors who are aligned with D/NMA (for example, Office of General Counsel, Office of Inspector General, Chief of Staff, International and Policy Office, or Mission Support Office) with regard to search for records.
(1) Appoint an Office point of contact (POC) to whom FOIA requests can be directed from GC and who serves as a direct liaison with GC.
(2) Forward, through the POC, the FOIA request from GC to the organization most likely to hold or maintain the records being requested.
(3) Direct, through the POC, a search for the records be completed in a timely manner and respond directly to GC on the outcome of the search.
(f)Office Directors in the functional Directorates and the Office Directors who are aligned with D/NIMA (for example, Office of General Counsel, Office of Inspector General, Chief of Staff, International and Policy Office, or Mission Support Office) with regard to declassification review.
(1) Appoint an employee to act as the POC for the Office.
(2) Oversee and coordinate, through the POC, declassification reviews for FOIA.
(g)Chief, Mission Support Office, Security Programs Division, as MDO.
(1) Conducts declassification reviews for FOIA.