32 CFR 320.9 - Disclosure of record to person other than the individual to whom it pertains.
(a) No officer or employee of NGA will disclose any record which is contained in a system of records, by any means of communication to any person or agency within or outside the Department of Defense without the request or consent of the individual to whom the record pertains, except as described in to 32 CFR 310.41; Appendix C to part 310 of this chapter; and/or a NGA Privacy Act system of records notice.
(b) Any such record may be disclosed to any person or other agency only upon written request, of the individual to whom the record pertains.
(c) In the absence of a written consent from the individual to whom the record pertains, such record may be disclosed only provided such disclosure is:
(1) To those officers and employees of the DoD who have a need for the record in the performance of their duties.
(2) Required under the Freedom of Information Act (32 CFR part 286).
(3) For a routine use established within the system of records notice.
(4) To the Bureau of Census for purposes of planning or carrying out a census or survey or related activity pursuant to the provisions of title 13.
(5) To a recipient who has provided the NGA with adequate advance written assurance that the record will be used solely as a statistical research or reporting record and the record is transferred in a form that is not individually identifiable and will not be used to make any decisions about the rights, benefits or entitlements of an individual.
(6) To the National Archives of the United States as a record which has sufficient historical or other value to warrant its continued preservation by the U.S. Government or for evaluation by the Administrator of the General Services Administration or his designee to determine whether the record has such value.
(7) To another agency or to an instrumentality of any governmental jurisdiction within or under the control of the U.S. for a civil or criminal law enforcement activity authorized by law, provided the head of the agency or instrumentality has made a prior written request to the Director, NGA specifying the particular record and the law enforcement activity for which it is sought.
(8) To a person pursuant to a showing of compelling circumstances affecting the health or safety of an individual, if upon such disclosure notification is transmitted to the last known address of such individual.
(9) To either house of Congress, and, to the extent of the matter within its jurisdiction, any committee or subcommittee or joint committee of Congress.
(10) To the Comptroller General or any of his authorized representatives in the course of the performance of the duties of the GAO.
(11) Under an order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
(12) To a consumer reporting agency in accordance with section 3711(f) of title 31.
(d) Except for disclosures made pursuant to paragraphs (c)(1) and (2) of this section, an accurate accounting will be kept of the data, nature and purpose of each disclosure of a record to any person or agency, and the name and address of the person or agency to whom the disclosure was made. The accounting of disclosures will be made available for review by the subject of a record at his request except for disclosures made pursuant to paragraph (c)(7) of this section. If an accounting of disclosure has been made, any person or agency contained therein will be informed of any correction or notation of dispute made pursuant to section 320.6 of this part.