32 CFR § 516.42 - Reference to HQDA.
(a) General. If the SJA or legal adviser is unable to resolve the matter, it will be referred for approval or action by Litigation Division under this chapter, by the most expeditious means, to General Litigation Branch, Litigation Division, with the following exceptions:
(1) Those involving a case assigned to another branch of Litigation Division will be submitted to that branch (appendix B to this part).
(2) Those involving affirmative litigation (for example, medical care recovery or Army property damage or loss cases) under subpart E will be submitted to Tort Branch.
(3) Those involving patents, copyrights, privately developed technical information, or trademarks will be submitted to Intellectual Property Law Division.
(4) Those involving taxation will be submitted to Contract Law Division.
(5) Those involving communication, transportation, or utility service proceedings will be submitted to the Regulatory Law Office.
(6) Those involving environmental matters will be submitted to the Environmental Law Division.
(7) Those involving contract appeals cases before the ASBCA will be submitted to the Contract Appeals Division.
(8) Those involving procurement fraud, including Qui Tam cases, will be submitted to the Procurement Fraud Division.
(b) Information to be submitted. When referring matters pursuant to paragraph (a) of this section, the following data should be provided:
(1) Parties (named or prospective) to the proceeding, their attorneys, and case number, where appropriate.
(2) Party making the request (if a subpoena, indicate moving party) and his attorney.
(3) Name of tribunal in which the proceeding is pending.
(4) Nature of the proceeding.
(5) Date of receipt of request or date and place of service of subpoena.
(6) Name, grade, position, and organization of person receiving request or served with subpoena.
(7) Date, time, and place designated in request or subpoena for production of information or appearance of witness.
(8) Nature of information sought or document requested, and place where document is maintained.
(9) A copy of each document requested. Contact the appropriate office at HQDA if this would be burdensome and unnecessary to a decision whether to release, redact, or withhold a particular document.
(10) Name of requested witness, expected testimony, requested appearance time and date, and whether witness is reasonably available.
(11) Analysis of the problem with recommendations.