32 CFR § 516.44 - Determination of release authorization.
(a) Policy. DA policy is to make official information reasonably available for use in Federal and state courts and by other governmental bodies unless the information is classified, privileged, or otherwise protected from public disclosure.
(b) Releasability factors. In deciding whether to authorize release of official information, the deciding official should consider the following:
(2) Is the request unduly burdensome or otherwise inappropriate under the applicable court rules?
(3) Is the disclosure appropriate under the rules of procedure governing the matter in which the request arose?
(4) Would the disclosure violate a statute, executive order, regulation, or directive?
(5) Is the disclosure appropriate under the relevant substantive law concerning privilege?
(6) Would the disclosure reveal information properly classified pursuant to the DOD Information Security Program under AR 380-5, unclassified technical data withheld from public release pursuant to 32 CFR § 250, or other matters exempt from unrestricted disclosure?
(7) Would disclosure interfere with ongoing enforcement proceedings, compromise constitutional rights, reveal the identity of an intelligence source or confidential informant, disclose trade secrets or confidential commercial or financial information, or, otherwise be inappropriate under the circumstances?
(8) Would the disclosure violate any person's expectation of confidentiality or privacy?