32 CFR 536.75 - Claims payable under the Military Claims Act.
(a) General. Unless otherwise prescribed, a claim for personal injury, death, or damage to, or loss or destruction of, property is payable under this subpart when:
(1) Caused by an act or omission of military personnel or civilian employees of the DA or DOD, acting within the scope of their employment, that is determined to be negligent or wrongful; or
(b) Property. Property that may be the subject of claims for loss or damage under this subpart includes:
(1) Real property used and occupied under lease (express, implied, or otherwise). See § 536.34(m) and paragraph 2-15m of DA Pam 27-162.
(2) Personal property bailed to the government under an agreement (express or implied), unless the owner has expressly assumed the risk of damage or loss.
(3) Registered or insured mail in the DA's possession, even though the loss was caused by a criminal act.
(4) Property of a member of the armed forces that is damaged or lost incident to service, if such a claim is not payable as a personnel claim under AR 27-20, chapter 11.
Title 32 published on 2014-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 32 CFR Part 536.