32 CFR 538.2 - Use of military payment certificates.
(a) Areas in which used. Military payment certificates are to be used only in the Department of Defense by authorized personnel in designated MPC areas. A Military Payment Certificate Area is a particular foreign country(s), or a specific area within a foreign country, that has been officially authorized for designation as an MPC area.
(b) Disbursement of military payment certificates. Military payment certificates will be disbursed to authorized personnel for all items of pay and allowances and for all other authorized payments to individuals in and under the Department of Defense.
(c) Facilities in which used. Military payment certificates are the only authorized medium of exchange in the following facilities:
(1) Army, Navy, and Air Force sales and services installations and activities.
(2) Theaters and other entertainment facilities operated by Department of Defense.
(3) Officers' and enlisted personnel messes and clubs, including American Red Cross installations.
(4) Army, Navy, and Air Force postal installations for purchase of postal money orders and stamps, and cashing of postal money orders.
(5) Contribution to all authorized charitable appeals, church collections, and chaplain's funds when remittance is to be forwarded to the United States through Department of Defense channels.
(6) Payments to all travel agencies, radio, cable, telegraph, and telephone companies, and all other similar facilities when remittance is to be forwarded to the United States through Department of Defense channels.
(7) All other official agencies, quasi-official and private agencies of or working in behalf of United States Army Forces providing goods, services, and facilities to members of the United States Armed Forces.