32 CFR 542.7 - Program information.
(a) The JROTC/NDCC is organized into units at public and private secondary schools. The NDCC differs from the JROTC in that NDCC instructors must be provided by the school. Although these instructors are subject to Army approval, there is no cost-sharing arrangement as exists for JROTC. Also schools or students must provide uniforms, if desired, in the NDCC program. Schools desiring to conduct either program must apply to the region commander of the area in which the school is located. To participate in the program a school must maintain an enrollment in the unit of at least one hundred physically fit students who are at least 14 years of age and meet one of the following accreditation standards:
(1) Be accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
(2) Be accredited by a State, State educational agency, or State university.
(3) Have attained a preaccreditable status of reasonable assurance subject to attainment and maintenance of a status listed above within 5 years of initial academic enrollment of students.
(b) Students who desire to enroll and continue as a member of the JROTC/NDCC program must:
(1) Be enrolled in and attending full-time a regular course of instruction at a JROTC/NDCC institution.
(2) Be a citizen of the United States.
(3) Be at least 14 years of age.
(4) Meet the physical fitness standards prescribed by the school.
Title 32 published on 2015-08-22.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 32 CFR Part 542.