32 CFR 635.11 - Release of information under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
(a) The release and denial authorities for all FOIA cases concerning military police records include Provost Marshals/Directors of Emergency Services and the Commander, USACIDC. Authority to act on behalf of the Commander, USACIDC is delegated to the Director, USACRC.
(b) FOIA requests from members of the press will be coordinated with the installation public affairs officer prior to release of records under the control of the installation Provost Marshal/Director of Emergency Services. When the record is on file at the USACRC the request must be forwarded to the Director, USACRC.
(1) The Provost Marshal/Director of Emergency Services will review requested reports to determine if any portion is exempt from release. Any discretionary decision to disclose information under the FOIA should be made only after full and deliberate consideration of the institutional, commercial, and personal privacy interests that could be implicated by disclosure of the information.
(3) Coordination will be completed with the local USACIDC activity to ensure that the release will not interfere with a criminal investigation in progress or affect final disposition of an investigation.
(4) If it is determined that a portion of the report, or the report in its entirety will not be released, the request to include a copy of the MPR or other military police records will be forwarded to the Director, USACRC, ATTN: CICR-FP, 6010 6th Street, Fort Belvoir, VA 22060-5585. The requester will be informed that their request has been sent to the Director, USACRC, and provided the mailing address for the USACRC. When forwarding FOIA requests, the outside of the envelope will be clearly marked “FOIA REQUEST.”
(5) A partial release of information by a Provost Marshal/Director of Emergency Services is permissible when partial information is acceptable to the requester. (An example would be the deletion of a third party's social security number, home address, and telephone number, as permitted by law). If the requester agrees to the omission of exempt information, such cases do not constitute a denial. If the requester insists on the entire report, a copy of the report and the request for release will be forwarded to the Director, USACRC. There is no requirement to coordinate such referrals at the installation level. The request will simply be forwarded to the Director, USACRC for action.
(6) Requests for military police records that have been forwarded to USACRC and are no longer on file at the installation Provost Marshal Office/Directorate of Emergency Services will be forwarded to the Director, USACRC for processing.
(7) Requests concerning USACIDC reports of investigation or USACIDC files will be referred to the Director, USACRC. In each instance, the requester will be informed of the referral and provided the Director, USACRC address.
Title 32 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.