32 CFR 636.22 - Speed regulations.
(a) Georgia state speed limits apply unless otherwise specified by this part.
(b) Drivers will operate their vehicles at a reasonable and prudent speed based on traffic and road conditions, regardless of posted speed limits.
(d) The following special speed limits apply:
(1) When passing troop formations, 10 miles per hour.
(2) The authorized speed limit in the school zones is 15 miles per hour when any of the following conditions are present:
(i) A school crossing attendant is present.
(ii) Children are present in the area.
(iii) The flashing, yellow, caution lights are in operation.
(3) Fort Stewart housing areas, 20 miles per hour. Hunter Army Airfield housing areas, 15 miles per hour.
(4) Tactical vehicle drivers will obey posted speed limits; however, drivers will not exceed 40 miles per hour on paved roads and 25 miles per hour on unpaved roads and tank trails. Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicles (CUCV's) are tactical vehicles and will obey the following off-road driving speeds:
|Day Driving:||Trails, 16 MPH|
|Cross County, 6 MPH|
|Night Driving:||Trails, 5 MPH (with headlights)|
|Cross Country, 5 MPH|
|Night Driving:||Trails, 4 MPH (Black-out Drive)|
|Cross County, 2.5 MPH|
(5) Parking lots, 10 miles per hour.
(6) The authorized maximum speed limit for rough terrain forklifts when operated on hard surface roads will not exceed 15 miles per hour. These vehicles will also bear the Triangular Symbol to alert trailing vehicles as required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) ( 29 CFR 1910.145).