32 CFR 636.32 - Miscellaneous instructions.
(a) All unattended motor vehicles will have the engine stopped and the ignition locked.
(b) Vehicles will not be operated when so loaded with passengers and/or goods that the driver's view is blocked or control over the driving mechanism is interfered with.
(c) Drivers, other than on official business, will not follow any emergency vehicle, operating under emergency conditions, closer than 500 feet or park closer than 500 feet to any emergency vehicle stopped for an emergency.
(d) No vehicle will be driven over a fire hose unless directed to do so by a fire official, or the Military Police.
(e) Ground guides will be posted, during backing, at the left rear of any 3/4 ton or larger vehicle.
(f) All vehicles carrying a load will have the load secured and/or covered to prevent the load from blowing or bouncing off the vehicle.
(g) A red flag or red light, visible for at least 100 feet from the rear will be attached to any load protruding beyond the rear of any vehicle.
(h) Troop marches, physical training runs, etc., will not be conducted in a manner that will interfere with motor vehicle traffic on the Fort Stewart/Hunter Army Airfield reservation.
(1) Units participating in parades and related practices, road marches, etc., will not conduct such marches upon any hard surface road or traffic way unless coordination has been made with the Provost Marshal Office.
(2) Physical training runs, exercises, or tests will not be conducted upon any hard surface road or traffic way unless such is specifically allowed in 24th Infantry Division (Mechanized) and Fort Stewart Regulation 350-1.
(i) Congested housing areas on the installation require special precaution on the part of drivers and persons living in those areas.
(1) Parents can assist drivers in this regard by reminding their children that housing area streets are extremely dangerous and that playing in the street is prohibited.
(2) Bus stops are sites particularly prone to large numbers of children playing immediately adjacent to or actually in the roadway while awaiting arrival of the school bus.
(3) Complaints received by the MP desk, concerning children playing in the streets, must be investigated in the interest of safety. Repeated violations could result in further action by the chain of command.
(j) Vehicles and/or trailers will not be towed with a chain or rope (vehicles may be towed by another privately owned vehicle by use of a rigid tow bar).
(k) At entrances to Fort Stewart/Hunter Army Airfield where a gate guard is positioned, drivers are required to obey his/her instructions. During hours of darkness, headlights will be switched to parking lights upon approach to the gate.
(l) Motorists will drive with headlights illuminated at any time from a half hour after sunset to a half hour before sunrise and at any time when it is raining in the driving zone and at any other time when there is not sufficient visibility to render clearly discernible persons and vehicles on the highway at a distance of 500 feet ahead.
(m) Motor vehicles will not be operated if visibility to the front, rear, or side is rendered unsafe and improper from fogged or iced-over windows.
(n) Aircraft runways, taxiways, and aprons at Hunter Army Airfield and Wright Army Airfield and “OFF-LIMITS” to all privately owned vehicles.
(o) Extensive repairs to automobiles will not be undertaken in housing areas, parking lots, or other similar areas. Repairs extending over a 24 hour period will be considered extensive.
(p) Tactical vehicles will not be driven in housing areas. Post police or vehicles on similar details may drive in the housing areas as required.
(q) Active duty personnel residing on post are encouraged to have their privately owned bicycles, “go-carts,” and “minibikes” registered with the Provost Marshal's Office (Registration Branch) in conjunction with the Installation Crime Prevention Program.
(r) All personnel operating a vehicle on Fort Stewart/Hunter Army Airfield will have proof of insurance for the vehicle, in the vehicle at all times.
Title 32 published on 2015-08-22.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 32 CFR Part 636.