32 CFR 728.3 - General restrictions and priorities.
(2) Hospitalization and outpatient services may be provided outside the continental limits of the United States and in Alaska to officers and employees of any department or agency of the Federal Government, to employees of a contractor with the United States or the contractor's subcontractor, to accompanying dependents of such persons, and in emergencies to such other persons as the Secretary of the Navy may prescribe: Provided, such services are not otherwise available in reasonably accessible and appropriate non-Federal facilities. Hospitalization of such individuals in a naval MTF is limited to the treatment of acute medical and surgical conditions, exclusive of nervous, mental, or contagious diseases, or those requiring domiciliary care. Routine dental care, other than dental prosthesis or orthodontia, may be rendered on a space available basis outside the continental limits of the United States and in Alaska, Provided, such services are not otherwise available in reasonably accessible and appropriate non-Federal facilities.
(b)Priorities. When care cannot be rendered to all eligible beneficiaries, the priorities in the following chart will prevail. Make no distinction as to the sponsoring uniformed service when providing care or deciding priorities.
Priorities for the Various Categories of Personnel Eligible for Care in Navy Medical Department Facilities
|Priority||Category||Degree of entitlement|
|1||A. Members of the uniformed services on active duty (including active duty for training and inactive duty training) and comparable personnel of the NATO nations meeting the conditions prescribed in this part||See subpart B.|
|B. Members of a Reserve Component of the Armed Forces and National Guard personnel under orders||See subpart C.|
|2||Dependents of active duty members of the uniformed services, dependents of persons who died while in such a status, and the dependents of active duty members of NATO nations meeting the conditions prescribed in
||See subparts D and E.|
|3||Members ot the Senior Reserve Officers' Training Corps of the Armed Forces||See
|4||Retired members of the uniformed services and their dependents and dependents of deceased retired members||See subpart D.|
|5||Civilian employees of the Federal Government under the limited circumstances covered by the Federal Employees' Health Service program||See
|6||All others, including ex-service maternity eligibles||See subparts F and G.|
- 32 CFR 728.56 — Treasury Department Beneficiaries.
- 32 CFR 728.59 — Peace Corps Beneficiaries.
- 32 CFR 728.71 — Ex-Service Maternity Care.
- 32 CFR 728.57 — Department of State and Associated Agencies.
- 32 CFR 728.83 — Persons in Military Custody and Nonmilitary Federal Prisoners.
- 32 CFR 728.81 — Other Civilians.
- 32 CFR 728.31 — Eligible Beneficiaries and Health Benefits Authorized.
- 32 CFR 728.60 — Job Corps and Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA) Beneficiaries.
- 32 CFR 728.4 — Policies.
- 32 CFR 728.58 — Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) Beneficiaries.