32 CFR 855.6 - Aircraft exempt from the requirement for a civil aircraft landing permit.
(2) US Air Force aero clubs established as prescribed in AFI 34-117, Air Force Aero Club Program, and AFMAN 3-132, Air Force Aero Club Operations 1.
1 Copies of the publications are available, at cost, from the National Technical Information Service, U.S. Department of Commerce, 5285 Port Royal Road, Springfield, VA 22161.
This includes aircraft owned by individuals but leased by an Air Force aero club.
This includes aircraft owned by individuals but leased by Army or Navy aero clubs.
(4) A US State, County, Municipality, or other political subdivision, when operating to support official business at any level of Government.
(1) Lease or contractual agreement for exclusive US Government use on a long-term basis and operated on official business by or for a US Government agency; for example, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Department of the Interior, or Department of Energy.
The Government must hold liability responsibility for all damages or injury associated with operation of the aircraft.
(2) Lease or contractual agreement to the Air Force for Air Force Civil Air Patrol (CAP) liaison purposes and operated by an Air Force CAP liaison officer on official Air Force business.
For identification purposes, the aircraft will be marked with a sticker near the port side door identifying it as a Coast Guard Auxiliary aircraft. The pilot will always be in uniform and normally have a copy of a Coast Guard Auxiliary Patrol Order. If the aircraft is operating under “verbal orders of the commander,” the pilot can provide the telephone number of the cognizant Coast Guard commander.
(5) Contractual agreement to any US, State, or local Government agency in support of operations involving safety of life or property as a result of a disaster.
(6) Government furnished property or bailment contract for use by a contractor, provided the Federal, State, or local Government has retained liability responsibilities.
(7) Civil aircraft transporting critically ill or injured individuals or transplant organs to or from an Air Force installation.
(8) Historic aircraft being delivered for Air Force museum exhibits under the provisions of AFI 84-103, Museum System. 2
2 See footnote 1 to § 855.6.
Title 32 published on 2014-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 32 CFR Part 855.