(a) The Assistant Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness shall: (1) Develop policy for conducting criminal history background checks on individuals seeking positions involving child care services.
(2) Monitor compliance with this part.
(3) Coordinate oversight of criminal history background checks as specified under this part.
(b) The Heads of the DoD Components shall: (1) Develop procedures to ensure compliance with the requirements of this part, in accordance with appendix A to this part.
(2) Provide oversight of process and procedures to conduct criminal history background checks to include assignment of proponency.
(3) Provide technical support and resources as required.
(4) Coordinate participation of specific organizations within the DoD Component involved in the conduct of the checks.
(5) Ensure that applicants and employees are made aware of their rights under 32 CFR part 310 including the right to challenge accuracy of records.
(6) Maintain the records of all individuals hired, certified, or employed under contract for positions that involve child care services for 2 years following termination of their service.
(7) Establish a mechanism to evaluate all adverse information resulting from criminal history background checks, using the criteria in appendix B to this part. Final suitability decisions are made by the DoD Component Head or designee.
Title 32 published on 2014-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 32 CFR Part 86.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.