Pt. 57, App. E
Appendix E to Part 57
—DoD-CC on Early Intervention, Special Education, and Related Services
A. Committee Membership
The DoD-CC shall meet at least yearly to facilitate collaboration in early intervention, special education, and related services in the Department of Defense. The DoD-CC shall consist of the following members, appointed by the Secretary of Defense or designee:
(1) A representative of the USD(P&R) or designee, who shall serve as the Chair.
(2) Representatives of the Secretaries of the Military Departments.
(3) A representative of the TRICARE Management Activity.
(4) Representatives from the DoD school systems.
(5) A representative from the GC, DoD.
(1) Advise and assist the USD(P&R) in the performance of his or her responsibilities.
(2) At the direction of the USD(P&R), advise and assist the Military Departments, and the DoD school systems in the coordination of services among providers of early intervention, special education, and related services.
(3) Ensure compliance in the provision of EIS for infants and toddlers and special education and related services for children ages 3 through 21 years, inclusive.
(4) Review the recommendations of the DoD-AP to identify common concerns, ensure coordination of effort, and forward issues requiring resolution to the USD(P&R).
(5) Assist in the coordination of assignments of sponsors who have children with disabilities who are or who may be eligible for special education and related services in the DoDDS or EIS through the Military Departments.
(6) Perform other duties as assigned by the USD(P&R), including monitoring the delivery of services under this part.