33 CFR 1.01-60 - Delegations for issuance of bridge permits.
(a) The Commandant delegates to the Deputy Commandant for Operations (CG-DCO), the authority to issue the following permits for the construction, reconstruction, or alteration of bridges across navigable waters of the United States:
(1) Those that require an environmental assessment or environmental impact statement under the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969, as amended, ( 42 U.S.C. 4321et seq.) and all implementing regulations, orders, and instructions.
(2) Those that require a Presidential permit and approval under the International Bridge Act of 1972 ( 33 U.S.C. 535).
(3) Those that require the amendment of an existing permit issued by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
(4) Those that raise substantial unresolved controversy involving the public, or are objected to by Federal, State, or local government agencies.
(5) Those authorized by the Commandant upon the appeal of a district commander's decision denying a permit.
(b) The Commandant delegates to each Coast Guard District Commander, with the reservation that this authority shall not be further redelegated, the authority to issue all permits for the construction, reconstruction, or alteration of bridges across navigable waters of the United States other than those specified in paragraph (a) of this section.
Title 33 published on 07-Jun-2017 03:52
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 33 CFR Part 1 after this date.