33 CFR 100.734 - Annual Gasparilla Marine Parade; Hillsborough Bay, Tampa, FL.
(a) Regulated Area. A regulated area is established consisting of all waters of Hillsborough Bay and its tributaries north of 27°51′18″ north latitude and south of the John F. Kennedy Bridge. The regulated area includes the following in their entirety: Hillsborough Cut “D” Channel, Seddon Channel, and the Hillsborough River south of the John F. Kennedy Bridge. All coordinates referenced use datum: NAD 83.
(b) Special local regulations.
(1) Entrance into the regulated area is prohibited to all commercial marine traffic from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. EST on the day of the event.
(2) The regulated area is a ”no wake“ zone.
(3) All vessels within the regulated area shall stay 50 feet away from and give way to all officially entered vessels in parade formation in the Gasparilla Marine Parade.
(4) When within the marked channels of the parade route, vessels participating in the Gasparilla Marine Parade may not exceed the minimum speed necessary to maintain steerage.
(5) Jet skis and vessels without mechanical propulsion are prohibited from the parade route.
(6) Northbound vessels in excess of 80 feet in length without mooring arrangements made prior to the date of the event are prohibited from entering Seddon Channel unless the vessel is officially entered in the Gasparilla Marine Parade. All northbound vessels in excess of 80 feet without prior mooring arrangements and not officially entered in the Gasparilla Marine Parade must use the alternate route through Sparkman Channel.
(7) Vessels not officially entered in the Gasparilla Marine Parade may not enter the Parade staging area box within the following coordinates: 27°53′53″ N 082°27′47″ W 27°53′22″ N 082°27′10″ W 27°52′36″ N 082°27′55″ W 27°53′02″ N 082°28′31″ W
(c)Enforcement period. This section will be enforced from 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. EST, annually on the last Saturday in the month of January.