33 CFR § 117.821 - Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway, Albermarle Sound to Sunset Beach.
(a) The drawbridges across the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway in North Carolina shall open on signal for commercial vessels at all times and on signal for pleasure vessels, except at the times and during the periods specified in this paragraph:
(1) Onslow Beach Swing Bridge, mile 240.7, at Cap Lejeune, NC, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., the draw need only open on the hour and half hour.
(2) S.R. 50 Bridge, mile 260.7, at Surf City, NC, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., the draw need only open on the hour.
(3) Figure Eight Swing Bridge, mile 278.1, at Scotts Hill, NC, the draw need only open on the hour and half hour.
(4) S.R. 74 Bridge, mile 283.1, at Wrightsville Beach, NC, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., the draw need only open on the hour; except that from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. on the second Saturday of July of every year, from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. on the third and fourth Saturday of September of every year, and from 7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on the last Saturday of October of every year or the first or second Saturday of November of every year, the draw need not open for vessels due to annual races.
(5) S.R. 1172 Bridge, mile 337.9, at Sunset Beach, NC, shall open on the hour on signal between 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
(b) If a pleasure vessel is approaching a drawbridge which is only required to open on the hour or on the hour and half hour, and cannot reach the drawbridge on the hour or on the half hour, the drawtender may delay the required opening up to 10 minutes past the hour or half hour.