33 CFR 135.210 - Indemnity as evidence.
(a) An indemnitor must:
(1) Agree to be sued directly, within the limits of the contract coverage, by any person for claims under the Act against the owner or operator to the extent of the indemnity coverage; and
(2) Designate an agent in the United States for service of process.
(b) Indemnity filed as evidence of financial responsibility must be accompanied by the same proof of the indemnitor's financial responsibility as this subpart would require of the owner or operator; i.e., insurance, surety bond, self-insurance; or other acceptable methods.
(c) An indemnity as evidence of financial responsibility must indicate the effective date in the endorsement on the application for Certificate of Financial Responsibility, and must remain in force until the date of termination indicated in the endorsement or until -
(1) 30 days after mailing, by certified mail, to the Fund Administrator, and the person indemnified, notification of intent to cancel; or
(2) Other evidence of financial responsibility acceptable to the Fund Administrator has been established; or
(3) The facility to which the indemnity applies ceases to be a facility under § 135.201(b).
(d) Termination of an indemnity shall not affect the liability of the indemnitor for an incident occurring before the effective date of termination.