33 CFR 151.09 - Applicability.
(1) Is operated under the authority of the United States and engages in international voyages;
(2) Is operated under the authority of the United States and is certificated for ocean service;
(3) Is operated under the authority of the United States and is certificated for coastwise service beyond three nautical miles from land;
(4) Is operated under the authority of the United States and operates at any time seaward of the outermost boundary of the territorial sea of the United States as defined in § 2.22(a)(2) of this chapter; or
(5) Is operated under the authority of a country other than the United States while in the navigable waters of the United States, or while at a port or terminal under the jurisdiction of the United States.
(b) Sections 151.09 through 151.25 do not apply to -
(1) A warship, naval auxiliary, or other ship owned or operated by a country when engaged in noncommercial service;
(3) A Canadian or U.S. ship being operated exclusively on the internal waters of the United States and Canada; or
(2) A fixed or floating drilling rig or other platform, when not engaged in the exploration, exploitation, or associated offshore processing of seabed mineral resources.
(d) The requirements of §§ 151.26 through 151.28 -
(1) Do not apply to -
(2) Are considered to be met if a U.S.-flag vessel holds a USCG-approved vessel response plan and provides evidence of compliance with 33 CFR part 155, subpart D or J requirements.
Title 33 published on 07-Jun-2017 03:52
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 33 CFR Part 151 after this date.