33 CFR 151.1006 - Definitions.
As used in this subpart -
Coastal waters means -
(1) The territorial sea of the United States;
(2) The Great Lakes and their connecting waters;
(3) The marine and estuarine waters of the United States up to the head of tidal influence; and
(4) The Exclusive Economic Zone as established by Presidential Proclamation Number 5030, dated March 10, 1983.
The Exclusive Economic Zone extends from the baseline of the territorial sea of the United States seaward 200 miles.
Municipal and commercial waste means solid waste as defined in section 1004 of the Solid Waste Disposal Act ( 42 U.S.C. 6903) except -
(1) Solid waste identified and listed under section 3001 of the Solid Waste Disposal Act ( 42 U.S.C. 6921);
(2) Waste generated by a vessel during normal operations;
(3) Debris solely from construction activities;
(4) Sewage sludge subject to regulation under title I of the Marine Protection, Research, and Sanctuaries Act of 1972 ( 33 U.S.C. 1401et seq.); and
(5) Dredge or fill material subject to regulation under title I of the Marine Protection, Research and Sanctuaries Act of 1972 ( 33 U.S.C. 1401et seq.), the Federal Water Pollution Control Act ( 33 U.S.C. 1251et seq.), or the Rivers and Harbors Appropriation Act of 1899 ( 33 U.S.C. 401et seq.).
Public vessel means a vessel that -
(1) Is owned, or demise chartered, and operated by the United States Government or a government of a foreign country; and
(2) Is not engaged in commercial service.
Vessel means every description of watercraft or other artifical contrivance used, or capable of being used, as a means of transportation on water.
Title 33 published on 03-May-2017 03:57
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 33 CFR Part 151 after this date.