33 CFR 154.530 - Small discharge containment.
(a) Except as provided in paragraphs (c), (d), and (e) of this section, each facility to which this part applies must have fixed catchments, curbing, or other fixed means to contain oil or hazardous material discharged in at least -
(1) Each hose handling and loading arm area (that area on the facility that is within the area traversed by the free end of the hose or loading arm when moved from its normal stowed or idle position into a position for connection);
(2) Each hose connection manifold area; and
(b) The discharge containment means required by paragraph (a) of this section must have a capacity of at least:
(1) Two barrels if it serves one or more hoses of 6-inch inside diameter or smaller, or loading arms of 6-inch nominal pipe size diameter or smaller;
(2) Three barrels if it serves one or more hoses with an inside diameter of more than 6-inches, but less than 12 inches, or loading arms with a nominal pipe size diameter of more than 6 inches, but less than 12 inches; or
(3) Four barrels if it serves one or more hoses of 12-inch inside diameter or larger, or loading arms of 12-inch nominal pipe size diameter or larger.
(c) The facility may use portable means of not less than 1/2 barrel capacity each to meet the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section for part or all of the facility if the COTP finds that fixed means to contain oil or hazardous material discharges are not feasible.
(e) Fixed or portable containment may be used to meet the requirements of paragraph (a)(3) of this section.
Title 33 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 33 CFR Part 154 after this date.