33 CFR 154.570 - Lighting.
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, for operations between sunset and sunrise, a facility must have fixed lighting that adequately illuminates:
(1) Each transfer connection point on the facility;
(2) Each transfer connection point in use on any barge moored at the facility to or from which oil or hazardous material is being transferred;
(3) Each transfer operations work area on the facility; and
(4) Each transfer operation work area on any barge moored at the facility to or from which oil or hazardous material is being transferred.
(b) Where the illumination is apparently inadequate, the COTP may require verification by instrument of the levels of illumination. On a horizontal plane 3 feet above the barge deck or walking surface, illumination must measure at least:
(1) 5.0 foot candles at transfer connection points; and
(2) 1.0 foot candle in transfer operations work areas.
(c) For small or remote facilities, the COTP may authorize operations with an adequate level of illumination provided by the vessel or by portable means.
(d) Lighting must be located or shielded so as not to mislead or otherwise interfere with navigation on the adjacent waterways.
Title 33 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 33 CFR Part 154 after this date.