33 CFR 154.710 - Persons in charge: Designation and qualification.
(b) The person has had at least 48 hours of experience in transfer operations at a facility in operations to which this part applies. The person also has enough experience at the facility for which qualification is desired to enable the facility operator to determine that the person's experience is adequate;
(c) The person has completed a training and qualification program established by the facility operator and described in the Operations Manual in accordance with § 154.310(a)(21), that provides the person with the knowledge and training necessary to properly operate the transfer equipment at the facility, perform the duties described in paragraph (d) of this section, follow the procedures required by this part, and fulfill the duties required of a person in charge during an emergency, except that the COTP may approve alternative experience and training requirements for new facilities; and
(1) The hazards of each product to be transferred;
(2) The rules in this part and in part 156 of this chapter;
(3) The facility operating procedures as described in the operations manual;
(4) Vessel transfer systems, in general;
(5) Vessel transfer control systems, in general;
(7) Follow local discharge reporting procedures; and
(8) Carry out the facility's response plan for discharge reporting and containment.
(e) Training conducted to comply with the hazard communication programs required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) of the Department of Labor (DOL) ( 29 CFR 1910.1200) or the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ( 40 CFR 311.1), or to meet the requirements of subpart F of this part may be used to satisfy the requirements in paragraphs (c) and (d) of this section, as long as the training addresses the requirements in paragraphs (c) and (d) of this section.