(a) A person in charge of a transfer operation utilizing a vapor control system must have completed a training program covering the particular system installed at the facility. Training must include drills or demonstrations using the installed vapor control system covering normal operations and emergency procedures.
(b) The training program required by paragraph (a) of this section must cover the following subjects:
(1) Purpose of a vapor control system;
(2) Principles of the vapor control system;
(3) Components of the vapor control system;
(4) Hazards associated with the vapor control system;
(5) Coast Guard regulations in this subpart;
(6) Operating procedures, including:
(i) Testing and inspection requirements,
(ii) Pre-transfer procedures,
(iii) Connection sequence,
(iv) Start-up procedures, and
(v) Normal operations; and
(7) Emergency procedures.
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
This section’s status may have changed. It may have been renumbered, reserved, or removed.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.