33 CFR 155.4050 - Ensuring that the salvors and marine firefighters are adequate.
(a) You are responsible for determining the adequacy of the resource providers you intend to include in your plan.
(1) Resource provider is currently working in response service needed.
(3) Resource provider owns or has contracts for equipment needed to perform response services.
(4) Resource provider has personnel with documented training certification and degree experience (Naval Architecture, Fire Science, etc.).
(5) Resource provider has 24-hour availability of personnel and equipment, and history of response times compatible with the time requirements in the regulation.
(6) Resource provider has on-going continuous training program. For marine firefighting providers, they meet the training guidelines in NFPA 1001, 1005, 1021, 1405, and 1561 (Incorporation by reference, see § 155.140), show equivalent training, or demonstrate qualification through experience.
(7) Resource provider has successful record of participation in drills and exercises.
(9) Resource provider has membership in relevant national and/or international organizations.
(11) Resource provider has sufficient up front capital to support an operation.
(12) Resource provider has equipment and experience to work in the specific regional geographic environment(s) that the vessel operates in (e.g., bottom type, water turbidity, water depth, sea state and temperature extremes).
(13) Resource provider has the logistical and transportation support capability required to sustain operations for extended periods of time in arduous sea states and conditions.
(14) Resource provider has the capability to implement the necessary engineering, administrative, and personal protective equipment controls to safeguard the health and safety of their workers when providing salvage and marine firefighting services.
(c) A resource provider need not meet all of the selection criteria in order for you to choose them as a provider. They must, however, be selected on the basis of meeting the criteria to the maximum extent possible.
(d) You must certify in your plan that these factors were considered when you chose your resource provider.
Title 33 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 33 CFR Part 155 after this date.