33 CFR 156.150 - Declaration of inspection.
(a) No person may transfer oil or hazardous material to or from a vessel unless each person in charge, designated under §§ 154.710 and 155.700 of this chapter, has filled out and signed the declaration of inspection form described in paragraph (c) of this section.
(b) No person in charge may sign the declaration of inspection unless he or she has determined by inspection, and indicated by initialling in the appropriate space on the declaration of inspection form, that the facility or vessel, as appropriate, meets § 156.120.
(c) The declaration of inspection may be in any form but must contain at least:
(1) The name or other identification of the transferring vessel or facility and the receiving vessel or facility;
(2) The address of the facility or location of the transfer operation if not at a facility;
(3) The date and time the transfer operation is started;
(4) A list of the requirements in § 156.120 with spaces on the form following each requirement for the person in charge of the vessel or facility to indicate by initialling that the requirement is met for the transfer operation; and
(5) A space for the date, time of signing, signature, and title of each person in charge during transfer operations on the transferring vessel or facility and a space for the date, time of signing, signature, and title of each person in charge during transfer operations on the receiving facility or vessel certifying that all tests and inspections have been completed and that they are both ready to begin transferring product; and
(6) The date and time the transfer operation is completed.
(d) The form for the declaration of inspection may incorporate the declaration-of-inspection requirements under 46 CFR 35.35-30.
(f) The operators of each vessel and facility engaged in the transfer operation shall retain a signed copy of the declaration of inspection on board the vessel or at the facility for at least 1 month from the date of signature.
Title 33 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 33 CFR Part 156 after this date.